Practice Schedule and Info
2021 Season: June 8 - end of season
We practice Tuesday through Friday. Practices starts at 7:30 am. Parents please pay attention to your kids group as we intentionally modified the practice schedule to reduce practice size for a more effective practice.
Practice Times by age group
Schedule Starting June 8, 2021- Come (at your designated time) when you can.
|7:30 to 8:00||6U and 7 YO Boys|
|8:00 to 8:30||Girls 7 YO and Boys 8 YO|
|8:30 to 9:00||Girls 8/9|
|9:00 to 9:45||Boys 9-12|
|9:45 to 10:30||Girls 10-12|
|10:30 to 11:15||Boys and Girls 13/14|
|11:15 to 12:00||15 and up|
|9pm to 10pm||15 and up (optional)|
- Swimmers just need their goggles and a towel. Anything else they may need will be provided.
- Any swim suit may be worn at practice. A lot of kids like to wear their Stingray swim suit.
- If your swimmer wants to wear a swim cap on race day, they may want to wear it with their goggles at practice (at least a few times) before the meet.
- Usually, the Tuesday or Wednesday after a swim meet, ribbons are ready to be picked up for swimmers that placed 1-6 in an event or had a new personal best time in an individual event. Swimmers (or their parents) can get any ribbons earned from the girls or boys ribbons box. Look for the folder with the swimmer's name on it. Ribbons are inside their folder.
- If you are interested in private swim lessons contact Coach Lilly firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 450-8357 for Coach's contact information.
Private Lessons given by Coaches
All of the coaches are able to work with all ages and coach all strokes, but information is provided on what they coach best.
*Coach Lilly- Rate: $30 per half hour lesson- Coach Lilly works best with kids younger than 10 years old, but is able to work with any age. Her best stroke is freestyle and she enjoys helping little kids build a foundation in swimming.
*Coach Ella- Rate: $20 per half hour lesson; $40 per hour lesson- Coach Ella is big on technique. She specializes in breaststroke, having shadowed Brendan Hansen's coaching for a year. Her favorite ages to coach are ages 3-7.
*Coach Lane- Rate: $20 per half hour lesson- Coach Lane's best strokes to coach other kids is freestyle, breaststroke, and butterfly. He is big on technique and works best with ages 10-18.
*Coach Michael- Rate: $20 per half hour lesson- Coach Michael mostly focuses on technique work, but is comfortable coaching all strokes and all ages.
*Coach Catie- Rate: $20 per half hour lesson- Coach Catie works best with ages 7-12. Her favorite things to coach are dives, turns, and breaststroke.
*Coach Sam- Rate: $15 per half hour lesson; $30 per hour lesson- Coach Sam loves working with all ages and specializes in coaching butterfly, backstroke, and freestyle.
What will DQ my swimmer at a meet?
The Capital City Swim League (CCSL) Stroke and Turn information below will explain the specifics of each stroke and what will DQ (disqualify) a swimmer during a meet.