2023 Practice Schedule - May 2nd to May 26th
Please take note of the schedule for your swimmer.
While AISD students are still in school, practice takes place Tuesday through Friday evenings.
|5:00pm - 5:30pm||Girls 9 and 10|
|5:30pm - 6:00pm||Boys 9 and 10|
|6:00pm - 6:30pm||6 and Under (boys and girls)|
|6:30pm - 7:00pm||Girls 7 and 8|
|7:00pm - 7:30pm||Boys 7 and 8|
7:30pm - 8:00pm
||Girls 11 and 12|
8:00pm - 8:30pm
||Boys 11 and 12 + Boys 13 and 14|
8:30pm - 9:00pm
||Girls 13 and 14 + Boys/Girls 15 and Up|
2023 Practice Schedule - May 30 to June 23rd
Once School is out, practice will continue to be Tuesday through Friday but shift to mornings.
7:15am - 7:45am
||6 and Under (boys and girls)|
7:45am - 8:15am
||Boys 7 and 8|
8:15am - 8:45am
||Girls 7 and 8|
8:45am - 9:15am
||Boys 9 and 10|
9:15am - 9:45am
||Girls 9 and 10|
9:45am - 10:15am
||Boys 11 and 12|
10:15am - 10:45am
||Girls 11 and 12|
10:45am - 11:15am
||Boys and Girls 13 and 14|
11:15am - 12:00pm
||Boys and Girls 15 and Up|
- Swimmers just need their goggles and a towel. Anything else they may need will be provided.
- Any swim suit may be worn at practice. A lot of kids like to wear their Stingray swim suit.
- If your swimmer wants to wear a swim cap on race day, they may want to wear it with their goggles at practice (at least a few times) before the meet.
- Usually, the Tuesday or Wednesday after a swim meet, ribbons are ready to be picked up for swimmers that placed 1-6 in an event or had a new personal best time in an individual event. Swimmers (or their parents) can get any ribbons earned from the girls or boys ribbons box. Look for the folder with the swimmer's name on it. Ribbons are inside their folder.
- If you are interested in private swim lessons contact the Coaches.
What will DQ my swimmer at a meet?
The Capital City Swim League (CCSL) Stroke and Turn information below will explain the specifics of each stroke and what will DQ (disqualify) a swimmer during a meet.