1. Who are the Shady Hollow Stingrays?
We are in the Capital City Summer League (CCSL) along with the following seven teams – Circle C Seals, Travis Country Sharks, Western Oaks Dolphins & Texas School for the Deaf, South Austin Area Barracudas, Hays Swim Club Tidal Wave and Belterra Marlins.
2. What are the qualifications for joining the team?
- A member of the Shady Hollow HOA with dues current.
- Anybody not a member of the Shady Hollow HOA in good standing will pay an additional fee.
- 6 & Under swimmers are required to attend an evaluation with the Coach to assess their skill level.
Skills we are looking for:
Comfort in the water; i.e.. Swimmer is able to keep their face in the water for 2 strokes or more. Swimmer is able to float on their back with the aid of a kick board. Swimmer can swim the length of the pool without assistance from the bottom or the lane lines in less than 1 minute.
3. What is the registration cost?
$130./swimmer. Families with more than 2 swimmers, subsequent swimmers cost $115./swimmer. Registration fees are due at the time of registration. We will accept NO swimmers after registration is closed. Alternatively, for families that are not part of the Shady Hollow HOA, the registration cost will be $175 for the first swimmer and $160 for each swimmer thereafter.
4. What do I get for the cost of registration.
- 8 weeks of practice 4x/week, with 6 fantastic coaches
- 5 neighborhood meets
- Team t-shirt
- Loads of fun and camaraderie in your own neighborhood
5.How do I get a refund?
Requests for refunds must be made via email to our Treasurer.
After practice starts you are eligible for a partial refund of 50%.
No refunds after the first swim meet.
6. What equipment is required?
Your child will need a bathing suit and goggles. You may purchase the team suit and goggles at the final registration through Swim Freak, or at a local sporting goods store.
Please label all items – goggles, swim suit, t-shirt and towels
7. How can I help with swim team?
Thanks for asking! There are so many ways you can help. Remember that this team is run by volunteers and we need at least 120 volunteers to help with our home meets and about 50 for away meets. If you are unsure of where you would like to help, please talk to our Volunteer Coordinator or any board member.
8. We are going on vacation/participating in summer camps etc. during swim season. Is it OK to miss practices and meets?
Absolutely! We realize that families have lives outside of swim team. The great thing about swim team is that you can participate at your own level. When you sign up for each meet you will note that there is a place to note that you will NOT be attending. Please make your plans known each week. Swimmers are encouraged to come to at least 2 practices a week if they are planning on swimming in that week’s meet.
9. How are high point age group and high point contributors determined?
The swimmer with the most points in each age/gender group will be awarded an age group high point award. The top twelve swimmers on the team with the highest points not receiving a high point age group trophy will receive a high point contributor award. High point totals are for individual events and do not include relay points earned. High Point totals do not include points from any fun meet.